[sf-perl] The Perl College

Joe Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Fri Feb 29 17:42:18 PST 2008

Same here, essentially.  I can more-or-less vouch for Uri Guttman,
himself, though... he's a decent perl hacker who often hangs out on
comp.lang.perl.* saying intelligent things, and he's got some stuff up
on CPAN:

   http://search.cpan.org/~uri/

In recent years he's apparently fallen into the role of being a
technical recruiter as a side-line: there are some companies that
are apparently impressed at his ability to identify other good perl
hackers compared to your average recruiter.  Go figure, eh?

I can't say that I've ever had a high opinion of computer training
and/or certification programs, but if he can help alleviate the
"have you ever tried to hire a perl programmer?" complaint, more power
to him...