[sf-perl] handling a list of check boxes

Joe Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Mon Feb 25 17:51:29 PST 2008

ken uhl <kenuhl at berkeley.edu> wrote:

> I am trying to pass checkbox values as hash references to another script
> but all I get is the
> first hash reference.  I am wrirting a DELETE from list loop.
>
> What is a clean way to do this. ?

Well, passing hash references (or any other complex data structure) is
pretty easy if you're passing them to another subroutine, but if you
really need to pass them to another script, you're going to need to
serialize the data somehow, and then unserialize it on the other side.
One way would be to use YAML, and "Dump" from one script and "Load"
into the other.

If at all possible, you're better off re-writing things as multiple
subroutines running inside of one perl process, though.