[sf-perl] Help with a downloaded module

Neil Heller nheller at silcon.com
Sun Feb 24 10:45:10 PST 2008

I'm a relative newbie at Perl.
I downloaded a module, TestReporter.pm, from CPAN.
On my Wintel machine I created a directory, c:\test\TestReporter.
I plopped the module (without change) into that directory and issued a
couple of command line calls.

[begin command line]

C:\test\TestReporter>perl -ver

Copyright 1987-2007, Larry Wall

Binary build 1002 [283697] provided by ActiveState
http://www.ActiveState.com
Built Jan 10 2008 11:00:53

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License...

C:\test\TestReporter>perl -c TestReporter.pm
TestReporter.pm syntax OK

C:\test\TestReporter>perl TestReporter.pm

C:\test\TestReporter>

[end command line]

I noticed that near the top of the module there was this line:
    Uses Module::Build::TestReporter

I don't have such a path on my machine.  Shouldn't this report an error of
some kind?

Where can I go from here (and what can I do) to get this module working on
my system.
I tried it at work on (Active State) Perl version 5.8.0 and got all sorts of
errors.
The source code is 349 lines long so I'm not including it here.

I would appreciate any help you could give me.

Neil Heller