[sf-perl] Job listings policy?

Quinn Weaver quinn at fairpath.com
Tue Feb 19 14:22:38 PST 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 11:50:11AM -0800, Randy J. Ray wrote:
> What is the policy on sending job listings? My company is trying to fill a Perl
> position and we haven't gotten any decent response from a jobs.perl.org listing
> thus far. Does everyone here check that resource? Would posting it here be
> redundant, or perhaps just posting the URL to the j.p.o listing?

Thanks for asking.  Our policy allows job postings as long as 1) their
subject line starts with [job] (for those who wish to filter them out)
and 2) the same ad is not reposted too often--about once every two
months is OK.

Posting a URL is fine, but you probably want to use URLs from your own
web site, since jobs.perl.org postings expire quickly.  Often it's
helpful to add a couple of lines of summary in the post, followed by
the URL.

Thanks and good luck,

--
Quinn Weaver, independent contractor  |  President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
http://fairpath.com/quinn/resume/     |  http://sf.pm.org/