[sf-perl] [job] contract position at stubhub/ebay in san francisco
extasia at extasia.org
Mon Feb 4 17:36:53 PST 2008
heh. i forgot my audience. here is a text version of the job req.
StubHub is an online ticket exchange where fans buy or sell sports,
concert, theater, and exclusive event tickets. StubHub offers fans
exclusive event packages and charity auctions that no other Website
offers. All transactions on StubHub are 100% guaranteed and we offer
FedEx tracking, managed logistics, and live customer service.
Summary of Duties:
StubHub is seeking a talented Release Engineer that has skills and
experience in developing internal tools for automation and managing
build/deploy process. The Release Engineer will have a proven track
record developing automated tools and processes to build and deploy
releases in a managed service environment. The role will exist within
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Skilled in Perl and UNIX shell programming (or other appropriate
• Able to design and implement a robust web support system for
communicating build issues and status
• Able to administer, manage and maintain source control system (CVS,
Perforce, etc.); experience in sizing, tuning, backup, rollouts, etc.
• Collaborate with Development to implement and develop nightly build
process (Ant, CruiseControl)
• Familiar with late night/overnight deployments to production
• Experience generating deployment plans and managing releases
• Excellent communication skills; able to interface with multiple
groups across the company
• Provide expertise to the rest of the engineering organization
regarding build tools and source control
• Advocate new tools and processes to continuously improve build and
source control efficiency
• Mentor and assist junior members of the team as necessary
Skills and Abilities Needed:
• BSCS or other technical degree or equivalent experience
• Extensive experience in a UNIX / LINUX environment
• 5+ years hands-on experience as a build or release engineer
• Experience with Open-Source development tools and systems e.g. Ant,
• Expert knowledge of build, release and configuration management practices
• Familiarity with Windows desktop environment
• Experience working in a startup environment
• Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Self-Starter; ability to quickly learn new tools and products
• Cooperative attitude and style
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
On Feb 4, 2008 4:45 PM, David Alban <extasia at extasia.org> wrote:
> [applicants please email Cynthia Walston <cwalston at stubhub.com> ]
> my group at stubhub (a subsidiary of ebay) is looking to fill a
> contract position in the release engineering group.
> the official req is attached. we're looking for someone to write /
> test / maintain perl tools and web interfaces to them in support of
> release engineering processes. we're looking for candidates who have
> extensive perl and unix experience. we're also looking for someone
> who can fairly easily put cgi front ends on our backend tools.
> platform is linux.
> familiarity with perforce and/or ant is a plus.
> we're located a couple blocks from the embarcadero bart station.
> if you're interested, and of course qualified, please send your resume
> to my manager Cynthia Walston at <cwalston at stubhub.com>.
> p.s. do you know someone else who might be qualified/interested?
> [applicants please Cynthia Walston <cwalston at stubhub.com>
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.
More information about the SanFrancisco-pm