[sf-perl] Perl host porting

Fred Moyer fred at redhotpenguin.com
Thu Dec 18 13:52:53 PST 2008

One alternative would be to find a really good hosting company.
Pairnic.com is a big supporter of Perl.  I can see the viewpoint of
totally handing off the application to the hosting company.  There is
one ruby on rails hosting company I saw the other day; that is all
they do, so they are experts at hosting ROR apps.  I don't know if
Pairnic.com does something similar, but there has got to be a perl
friendly hosting company out there that really knows their stuff.

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 1:41 PM, Walt Sanders
<wsanders at pacificwebdesign.org> wrote:
> You are probably right, although I've tried to avoid having to set up my own
> server.  Don't really want to spend the time learning that game.  But, it
> maybe the only way go.  Thanks for the thoughts, Walt.
>

> On Thursday, at , Fred Moyer wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Walt Sanders
>> <wsanders at pacificwebdesign.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Am I the only one finding Perl porting to different web hosts a problem?

>>> I'm wondering if I live alone in my own little world of "stay the hell
>>> away
>>> from perl if you want a peaceful life".  On the first host, I had found