[sf-perl] Does anybody on this list host with Hurricane Electric?

Dave Turner dave at wrightpopcorn.com
Tue Apr 29 16:12:09 PDT 2008

Daniel - thanks for replying!

No I haven't modified any code, at least not to my knowledge - I'm not
that good. :)

The problem I'm having, and why I was hoping that someone here hosted on
Hurricane, is that when I use the CPAN shell to install the module in
question, I'm getting an error that I don't have write access to the src
directory even though when I look down the directory tree there is a src
directory in my personal space under my local Perl module directory. To
me, and like I said I'm a real novice outside of windows, it looks like
it's trying to access root's src directory which I obviously wouldn't
have write access to.

So there's the rub. Why would it say I don't have access to a directory
in my account space when I created it, or at least I believe the CPAN
shell did. I know the CPAN shell works because I managed to install some
of the dependent modules by hand just to verify that the shell was
installed correctly.

Any ideas?