[sf-perl] Moose crossing :)

Quinn Weaver quinn at fairpath.com
Fri Apr 25 10:29:25 PDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 10:08:49AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Chris,
>
> > I may have gushed a bit much to those in earshot at lugradio about Moose...
> > So when I ran across this I couldn't resist posting it here.  It's a good
> > little show-off of Moose, that just hints at what it can do :)
>
> So, you want to do an SFPerl talk on Moose?  Quinn, does SFPerl have schedule
> openings?

Yes, so far every month is open except August and December.  This may change
soon, as I have a specific speaker I want to schedule.  So, Chris, if you want
to schedule a talk, this would be a good time for you to speak up. :)

BTW, sorry I haven't responded yet about Moose.  I wanted to write the
equivalent in Object::InsideOut (just for comparison), but I don't have time
right now.  On a high level, it seems that the cool thing about Moose is that
it lets you do Ruby-style runtime metaprogramming, as opposed to O::I, which is
more static.

--
Quinn Weaver, independent contractor  |  President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
http://fairpath.com/quinn/resume/     |  http://sf.pm.org/