[sf-perl] Dinner meetings

Joe Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Sun Apr 20 12:24:52 PDT 2008

yary <not.com at gmail.com> wrote:

> Golden Era http://www.goldeneravegetarian.com/ It is large, 3.5 blocks
> from Powell BART, and all vegetarian- meat-eaters like myself find it
> quite good too.

Yeah, that's a great place, and highly recommended.

But really it's more like six blocks from the Bart station, and
it's closed on Tuesdays.

And while the one large table they've got would be great for a
meeting of six people, I think they'd need to push some together
for a group of a dozen... I'd want to talk to them about this
first, myself.

But it *is* a great place: It appears to be run by a sect of some
sort of Asian Mormans  (free religious literature is available);
it has a glitzy, ornate interior (like the Great American Music
Hall painted gold and squeeze into a basement); and they do amazing
things with fake meat: the ginger fish seems like some sort of
mutant fish that has no eyes.