[sf-perl] LugRadio thanks

Joe Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Wed Apr 16 21:17:52 PDT 2008

Quinn Weaver <quinn at fairpath.com> wrote:

> LugRadio was a blast. :)
>
> I want to give a shout-out to our awesome volunteers, Fred, Joe, Julian, and
> Yary, for staffing the booth, working spontaneous extra shifts, helping with
> load-out and technical probs, and even letting me slip away for some talks.

No prob.  Hanging out on the top floor of the Metreon chatting about
perl isn't all that rough.

> Joe's Perlcast-playing system

Just some computer speakers I brought along as an experiment.  The
environment was a little too noisy for it really, but I thought it made
sense given the "LugRadio" theme.  And there's a lot of good material
out there between the Perlcast and FLOSS interviews (why listen to me
talk about perl when you can listen to Stas Bekman or Brian d Foy?).

Anyway, there's more that could be done in the direction of pm
presentations... maybe I'll write that up at some point.