[sf-perl] SanFrancisco-pm Digest, Vol 39, Issue 2

Quinn Weaver quinn at fairpath.com
Thu Apr 3 13:33:34 PDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 03:11:20PM -0500, Andy Lester wrote:

> There's only so much you can plan for.  The entire concept of agile
> programming is based on the idea that you cannot plan for everything
> that's going to happen, so bias yourself toward action, to making
> things happen, to leapfrogging the status quo.

Gratuitous Antoine de Saint-Exupéry quotation:

   As for the future, your task is not to foresee it, but to enable it.

Couldn't resist--Saint-Ex is one of my favorite authors (he wrote The
Little Prince and Flight to Arras, among others).

When I worked at the IBM Almaden Research Center, this quotation was
affixed to the lobby wall in big metal letters.  Good motto for a research
lab.

--
Quinn Weaver, independent contractor  |  President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
http://fairpath.com/quinn/resume/     |  http://sf.pm.org/