[sf-perl] Perl website for noobies

Duane Obrien duane.obrien at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 11:20:51 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 9:12 PM, Quinn Weaver <quinn at fairpath.com> wrote:
> Holy crap!  Andy Lester and Randal Schwartz are duking it out on our
>  list.  I feel like a spectator who turns up in the town square to find
>  Lords Montague and Capulet going at it.

I would like to depart from the topic long enough to recognize that
the above statement is damn funny and shout be recognized.

And also, perhaps, to point out what I think is the obvious, though so
far unstated.

Users, new and old, ultimately turn to the resources that solve their
problems the best.  Not the resources that are enforced as standard,
or hyped as awesome, our built with innovation, or that important
people prefer.  There ought to be room, even in the land of Perl, to
look at the way solutions are being provided and ask "Can it be done
better?"  The answer may always be no, but asking the question is
Important.

-D