[sf-perl] SanFrancisco-pm Digest, Vol 39, Issue 2

Quinn Weaver quinn at fairpath.com
Thu Apr 3 08:48:30 PDT 2008

Hi, Joey,

I realize you feel hurt after offering your work and getting a negative
response, but I think this thread is now headed for reconciliation (thanks,
Randal!)  So please take a deep breath, shake hands, and make up. :)

Also, in the future, please don't use any personal attacks or insults in your
posts.  This is the one hard-and-fast rule of this list.  It applies
equally to newcomers like you, Perl legends like Randal, me as list moderator,
and everyone else.  The idea is to promote a discourse where everyone
is assured a certain minimum level of decency.

BTW, this does *not* mean that technical arguments are verboten.  It
just means that they shouldn't get all emotional and personal.
Without some differences of opinion and some discussions of code on
its merits, this would be a pretty boring list.

I hope you'll stick with the list and find it valuable.  Just remember
no personal attacks, and everything else is fine.  Except maybe goatse.

And now, I'm off to add some quick guidelines to the "welcome to
the list" email.

Cheers,

--
Quinn Weaver, independent contractor  |  President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
http://fairpath.com/quinn/resume/     |  http://sf.pm.org/