[sf-perl] Perl website for noobies

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Apr 2 17:03:23 PDT 2008

>>>>> "Joey" == Joey Moe <family_geek at yahoo.com> writes:

Joey> If you have any suggestions, I'd be happy to listen.

Yes.  Why aren't you directing people to perlmonks.org and
perl-beginners at perl.org instead?

Do you think there are an infinite supply of experts willing to answer
correctly?  If not, are you willing to mislead beginners by providing them
with answers from slightly-less-beginners, doing everyone a disservice?

Please. It doesn't help the community to create Yet Another Beginners
Place.  Really, it doesn't.  Please don't.

It's already bad enough that four (!) separate mailing lists on Yahoo claim to
be for Perl beginnners, and some of the answers on those lists are appalling,
because experts (except for me) don't hang out there.  Please don't make my
work any harder.