[sf-perl] Lightning talk CFP

Quinn Weaver quinn at fairpath.com
Thu Sep 20 12:59:44 PDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 08:01:08PM -0700, Joe Brenner wrote:

> [...]

> The trouble with that idea is that it would probably turn into
> a "But what the was I *thinking*?!" talk, and I'd rather focus
> on something more useful.

Well, again, meta stuff is fine.  Maybe "hacking temptations to avoid"
could make a good topic?

> I know, how about "New features in perl 5.10".

That would be great.

PS:  I like the gong idea, but only if it's for signalling the end of
each five-minute segment.  No one "gets gonged" at SF.pm. :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gong_Show#Show_format

--
Quinn Weaver, independent contractor  |  President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
http://fairpath.com/quinn/resume/     |  http://sf.pm.org/