[sf-perl] Lightning talk CFP

Joe Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Wed Sep 19 20:01:08 PDT 2007

Quinn Weaver <quinn at fairpath.com> wrote:

> I'm looking to get together a round of lightning talks.  I plan to
> speak on Object::InsideOut, my new favorite module.  Who else wants to
> give a talk?  We need at least six talks to justify a meeting.

Worst comes to worst I could do a talk about my latest CPAN modules
App::Relate and List::Filter, or perhaps Module::List::Pluggable
and/or File::Locate::Harder.

The trouble with that idea is that it would probably turn into
a "But what the was I *thinking*?!" talk, and I'd rather focus
on something more useful.

I know, how about "New features in perl 5.10".

That would mean working through this list (probably with
emphasis on the new regular expression features):

  http://search.cpan.org/~rgarcia/perl-5.9.5/pod/perl595delta.pod