[sf-perl] website searching/filtering script

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Sep 12 08:42:19 PDT 2007

>>>>> "Henry" == Henry Alexander Lee <hlee at paybl.com> writes:

Henry> My name is Henry Lee and I'm a student at Stanford. I'm trying to
Henry> gather a list of names for an event. I'm wondering if it is possible to
Henry> write a perl script that would repeatedly send requests to a site,
Henry> input keywords in its search form, gather the results, and output them
Henry> to a text/excel file. If this is possible, would someone be willing to
Henry> help me out with it? Or better yet, if someone could write the script
Henry> for me, I would pay whatever is reasonable and/or offer some equity in
Henry> the startup company I am a part of.  Thank you.

And this is different from what a spammer does, exactly how?

Why not just write the owner of the site, and ask for the list of names,
and if they won't give that to you legitimately, then that's not a source
of names?  That'd be far less evil.

Seriously, sir, where are your ethics?