[sf-perl] lightning discussions

Quinn Weaver quinn at fairpath.com
Fri Oct 12 11:37:20 PDT 2007

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 10:32:00AM -0700, David Alban wrote:
> may i respectfully submit that sometimes meetings can be made fun and
> interesting by abandoning altogether the speaker paradigm.  have
> 'lightning discussions'.  that is, have a set of discussion topics,
> issues, etc.  a moderator will throw out a topic and the attendees
> discuss it.  in a non-flaming fashion, of course.  change the topic
> every five or ten or fifteen minutes.

Hmmmnn.  I like this idea a lot.  Often, dinner discussions start out cool but
get bogged down, or meander off of technical topics altogether.  I'm not
exactly a tech-only martinet, but I'd like to try this format and see
how it works.

It occurs to me that we'd need a time limit per speaker, so everyone gets to
say their share.

Anyway, I'll put this idea in the hopper.  Thanks!

--
Quinn Weaver, independent contractor  |  President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
http://fairpath.com/quinn/resume/     |  http://sf.pm.org/