[sf-perl] Mac-to-VGA video adaptor for Tuesday?

Adam Masri masri at nolex.com
Mon Nov 26 16:56:38 PST 2007

Apple has had a variety of proprietary video connectors over the
years. They're usually some variation of power + video (ADC "Apple
Display Connector" was power + VGA &/or DVI depending on flavor), or
physically smaller connector version of a standard format like DVI or
VGA, in order to 1) have fewer cables, or 2) save physical space on
the side of the machine. They usually have a perfectly legitimate
reason to sell you a $20-30 adapter. :)

My Titanium PowerBook has a DVI out on the back, and I have a DVI-VGA
adapter for it. If he has an iBook, he might have a different physical
connector on the side of the machine. It would help to know which
model Mac he has, and its speed. You can look up which adapter is
necessary on everymac.com.

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ibook/stats/ibook_g4_1.0_14.html

Adam Masri     masri at nolex.com
President      www.nolex.com