[sf-perl] Embedded Perl in a Korn shell program

Loo, Peter # PHX Peter.Loo at source.wolterskluwer.com
Fri May 11 15:27:40 PDT 2007

Here is what I am doing:

YYYYMMDD is a value retrieved from a file.  This file contains the date
of a previously processed file date.

  export YYYY=`echo $YYYYMMDD | cut -c1-4`
  export MM=`echo $YYYYMMDD | cut -c5-6`
  export DD=`echo $YYYYMMDD | cut -c7-8`
  if [ "$YYYY" = "" -o "$MM" = "" -o "$DD" = "" ]; then
    MESSAGE="ERROR: Parsing $YYYYMMDD failed."
    echo "$MESSAGE\n"
    STATUS=$FAILURE
    func_Exit $STATUS $LOGFILE
  fi
  echo "MM IS:   $MM"
  echo "DD IS:   $DD"
  echo "YYYY IS: $YYYY\n"

  MMDD=`perl -MTime::Local -MPOSIX -le \
          '$secs = timelocal(0,0,0,$ENV{DD},$ENV{MM}-1,$ENV{YYYY}) +
86400; \
          print strftime("%m%d", localtime($secs))'`
  echo "MMDD IS: $MMDD\n"

  IN_FILE="ndct${MMDD}.gz"

Then the IN_FILE is used further in the Korn shell.

Peter