[sf-perl] LinuxWorld booth

Quinn Weaver quinn at fairpath.com
Thu May 3 10:07:29 PDT 2007

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 10:36:08PM -0700, Quinn Weaver wrote:
> LinuxWorld is August 6 through 9 (Monday through Thursday) in Moscone
> Center.  It's super-close to BART.
>
> George Wooley, the founder of Oakland.pm, is looking into getting a "local
> Perl Mongers" booth at LinuxWorld.  He wants to know if SF.pm could cover
> booth duties for one day.
>
> I think this is a great idea.  I can be there all day.  To make this
> work, though, I would need one to two people with me at any given time.  I'm
> amenable to doing shifts if we get enough people.

Update:  Josh Berkus says we need at least five people committed to make
it work.  He's done this a million times for PostgreSQL, so I'm inclined
to trust him.  So far we've got two, plus me.

--
Quinn Weaver, independent contractor  |  President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
http://fairpath.com/quinn/resume/     |  http://sf.pm.org/