[sf-perl] LinuxWorld booth

Josh Berkus josh at agliodbs.com
Thu May 3 09:38:26 PDT 2007

Quinn, All:

> LinuxWorld is August 6 through 9 (Monday through Thursday) in Moscone
> Center.  It's super-close to BART.
>
> George Wooley, the founder of Oakland.pm, is looking into getting a "local
> Perl Mongers" booth at LinuxWorld.  He wants to know if SF.pm could cover
> booth duties for one day.

Based on experience, you need at least 5 volunteers committed to the show.  I
believe that booth space at LWE-SF is undersold this year and that you can
expect to get a booth if you can find the people.

PostgreSQL has applied for a booth, and is 90% likely to get it since we've
done booths for the last 3 shows.  If for some reason Perlmongers does not
get a booth, I'd be happy to propose sharing to the other SFPUG.  If we have
lots of volunteers, I know some of us will be doing double duty!

Should we plan a joint SFPUGx2 party of some sort?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun