[sf-perl] Reminder: Tomorrow's Monitoring SIG (Weds March 14 7PM)

Peter Mui pmui at groundworkopensource.com
Tue Mar 13 10:41:30 PDT 2007

(Hi:  Just a friendly reminder of tomorrow's Monitoring SIG: feel
free to forward this along and invite others. Cheers, -Peter)

March '07 BayLISA Monitoring SIG: COSMOS

Craig Thomas will present on COmmunity Systems Management Open Source
(COSMOS), the Eclipse initiative to standardize Systems Management
interfaces (http://www.eclipse.org/cosmos/).  This is a chance to
hear about this project and figure out how it relates to our efforts
to document and promote best practices in Systems Management.  We'll
also have freeform Q&A where you can take advantage of the assembled
wisdom to tackle your thorniest (or most basic) monitoring issues.

What:     BayLISA Monitoring SIG V: COSMOS - COmmunity Systems
Management Open Source
Who:      Anyone interested in IT monitoring issues and tools:
newbies particularly welcome!
When:    Wednesday, March 14 2007, 7PM
Where:  GroundWork Open Source, 139 Townsend St., San Francisco
How:     139 Townsend St. is very near AT&T Park. It is two blocks
from the CalTrain Depot.  Take the MUNI N trolley "inbound" to 2nd
and King (ballpark stop) or take the 15 or 30 buses (among others)
crosstown.  Free evening street parking can usually be found.
Cost:      Free!!

Piping hot pizza, refreshingly cold pop, and tepid, room temperature
snacks will be provided by GroundWork.  We'll open up the doors at
6:30 or so and start the formal part of the meeting promptly at 7PM.

RSVP (not necessary, but helpful): Peter Mui,
pmui at groundworkopensource.com, 415 992 4573