[sf-perl] Randal Schwartz "non-party" Monday night

it at morelater.com it at morelater.com
Thu Mar 1 14:14:56 PST 2007

i'm not in the bay area anymore, but i certainly appreciate all randal
schwartz has done for perl.  i read the "shiny ball" book back when it
came out, and it really changed the way i think about programming and
approach problems.  i'd say it changed my life as much as it is possible
for a computer book to do.  even as perl ages, it is still my favorite
language to work in, and it is randal schwartz's writing in the perl
journal and various perl books that gave me this appreciation for perl and
made me aware of what i am missing when i have to work in other languages.
i'm sure many of us are in his debt and i would like to send along my
thanks and best wishes.