[sf-perl] Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Loo, Peter # PHX Peter.Loo at source.wolterskluwer.com
Thu Jul 5 15:33:59 PDT 2007

Hello All,

Unix admins here are not happy about updating the .profile of the
production account to add two additional entries to LD_LIBRARY_PATH
environment variable.  So I am having to figure out an alternative
solution in setting this environment dynamically during program run.  I
have tried setting it at the beginning of the program and I have tried
putting it in the BEGIN block with no luck.  I have searched the
Internet and found a lot of discussion but did not find any solution.

According to Tim Bunce's posting, LD_LIBRARY_PATH must be set before the
process starts.

http://groups.google.com/group/perl.dbi.users/browse_thread/thread/8de20
3f9ee4cb9a/579d2732c9712f1d?lnk=st&q=Perl+LD_LIbrary_path&rnum=7&hl=en#5
79d2732c9712f1d

Shall I just go Tim's advise and have the admins change the .profile or
does someone have a solution to help with this problem?

Thanking you in advance.

Peter