[sf-perl] [sfpug] Trustworthy laptop repair?

Neil Heller nheller at silcon.com
Sat Jan 20 11:29:58 PST 2007

I'm using Winderz and desire to launch an external executable using the
"system" command.  The problem comes in that one of the directories in the
path to that executable has an embedded space in the name ("Program Files").
I've thought of two ways to do it.

1) Launch the program from a batch file that I can call from the Perl
script.
2) Incrementally change the directory (chdir) using wild cards.

These work but are kludgy (at least in my mind)
Does anybody have a "slick" way to do this?

Neil Heller
nheller at silcon.com