[sf-perl] LinuxWorld Expo

David Fetter david at fetter.org
Tue Aug 7 06:52:52 PDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 08:30:07PM -0700, Joe Brenner wrote:
> Joe Brenner <doom at kzsu.stanford.edu> wrote:
>
> > The "end cap" of the table is entirely open: two feet wide, and
> > around four feet tall.  That strikes me as a logical place to put
> > some perlish stuff.
> >
> > I might be able to do some little xeroxed sf-perl mongers flyers.
> > I'm toying with the idea of doing quarter sheet handbills (4.25 x
> > 5.5), Probably a classic camel (from 1989) with a little bit of
> > text added:
> >
> >   http://www.old-picture.com/middle-east/Crossing-Sinai-Camel-the.htm
>
> Well, I gave it a try, but I had to give up.

Giving up is a good idea.  O'Reilly owns copyrights to the camel in
association with Perl
<http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/oreilly/perl/usage/>, which is why
the perl community has switched to using an onion.

Cheers,
D (remember when people thought of O'Reilly as the good guys?)
--
David Fetter <david at fetter.org> http://fetter.org/
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666

Remember to vote!
Consider donating to PostgreSQL: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate