[sf-perl] LinuxWorld Expo

Joe Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Mon Aug 6 20:30:07 PDT 2007

Joe Brenner <doom at kzsu.stanford.edu> wrote:

> The "end cap" of the table is entirely open: two feet wide,
> and around four feet tall.  That strikes me as a logical place
> to put some perlish stuff.
>
> I might be able to do some little xeroxed sf-perl mongers flyers.
> I'm toying with the idea of doing quarter sheet handbills (4.25 x 5.5),
> Probably a classic camel (from 1989) with a little bit of text added:
>
>   http://www.old-picture.com/middle-east/Crossing-Sinai-Camel-the.htm

Well, I gave it a try, but I had to give up.

Between the limitations of the self-service equipment at Kinko's and my
weak gimp skills, this idea just didn't seem to be going anywhere.  If
anyone's got access to a half-way decent printer, you might try running
off some of these:

  http://obsidianrook.com/sfpm/flyers

This is the same thing in multiple forms: jpg, png, gif, ps and also
xcf, if you'd like to try cleaning it up in gimp somehow.

I wouldn't waste a lot of time on it: I probably should've gone with
a concept with a lot more contrast.