[sf-perl] LinuxWorld Expo

Joe Brenner doom at kzsu.stanford.edu
Mon Aug 6 14:42:12 PDT 2007

Quinn Weaver <quinn at fairpath.com> wrote:

> - Space:  I can't really visualize the space you're describing,

Sorry.  The floorpan is something like this:

                     Elephant   Projection
                     Banner     Screenlet
                         \       /
                        <--->  <--->
                       _____________  __________
               a  \    .         __| |          .
             \  i  \   .        |  | |          .
              \  l  \  . sfpugs |  | |______    .
               \  s  \ .        |  | |      |   .
                \  e  \. . . . .|__| |______| . .
         . . . . \
        |        .                ^        ^
        |      __.                |        |
        |     |  |                 \        \---- Default table
        |     |  |                  \             orientation
        |     |  |                   \
        |     |  |                    \--- End cap of table
        | . . |__|                         Good space for
                                           small banners,
                                           two feet wide.

           The effective space is defined by
           the boundaries of the dark-blue carpet
           (the dotted lines).

           Because this is a corner lot, it
           effectively has more room for
           spectators: it's open on two sides.

           (Unless someone comes up with a
           stand-alone projection screen,
           which might not be a bad idea.)

Note If your mailer doesn't do fixed width fonts,
shame on you -- I mean, take a look over here
instead:

  http://obsidianrook.com/data/linuxexpo_layout.html