[sf-perl] Perl Programmer position in Palo Alto

David Fetter david at fetter.org
Thu Apr 5 11:07:08 PDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 08:10:57PM +0300, Greger wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 09:45:41 -0700, David Fetter wrote
> > On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 09:34:35AM +0300, Greger wrote:
> > > hmm...probably pretty good, just occured to me:would it be a
> > > good idea to put jobads in a database table someplace, and
> > > autosend them once a week or so(or whatever) to the list?  Sure
> > > there is jobs.perl.org, but that is sort of a global service.
> >
> > I think it's probably more fun just to ask people to put [job] in
> > the header, and I say that as a career-long database weenie :)
>
> all things are not fun, especially looking for a job.

I suppose.  When searching for work, I've had a lot more luck going to
geek meetings and other kinds of quasi-social events than trying to
distinguish myself among 5000 other emailed resumes.

> I still think that collecting perl jobs in one place(regarding one
> particular geographical area(sf in this case)) would be a good idea.
> Posting say each monday what is on the table, to this list could be
> good.  It would tie perl enthusiasts/experts in this area to this
> area, as well as companies needing help also to the people dealing
> with the perl technology.  Sort of making a hand-shake between perl
> expert and companies.

I think it would be easier to show up at SF.pm (and other .pm)
meetings.  More fun, too.  Getting out of the house is a Very Good
Idea when looking for work.

Cheers,
David Fetter <david at fetter.org> http://fetter.org/
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!
Consider donating to PostgreSQL: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate