[sf-perl] passing array and hash references

Quinn Weaver qw at sf.pm.org
Fri Sep 29 00:53:17 PDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 12:50:50AM -0700, Quinn Weaver wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 12:34:22AM -0700, Quinn Weaver wrote:
>
> > [about Data::Alias]
>
> > I just read about it
> > in _Perl Best Practices_, and your post jogged my memory.
>
> The use Damian suggests for it, BTW, is for modifying elements in loops:
>
> # Damian's code, not mine

> [...]

And I am quite glad I looked up that example, because a footnote on that
page says you should use Lexical::Alias instead of Data::Alias if you're
on a Perl older than 5.8.1--which I'm guessing the codebase in question
is. ;)

--
qw (Quinn Weaver); #President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
=for information, visit http://sf.pm.org/weblog =cut