[sf-perl] passing array and hash references

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Thu Sep 28 17:49:17 PDT 2006

At 5:38 PM -0700 9/28/06, Richard Karpinski wrote:
> I have a transformational attribute grammar compiler
> which could do that in a page of code or less. ...

Yep, and it could probably be coded up in a page of Perl.
Problem is, introducing changes (whether manually or via
programs) always carries some risk.  How sure am I that:

  *  the new syntax will be functionally equivalent
     in all possible cases (including buggy code that
     currently works only by happenstance :-)

  *  the program won't foul up the editing process,
     putting arrows in places where they don't belong

  *  "use script" will catch anything that's worng

If I'm not _entirely_ sure of these, the conservative
approach is to do minimal changes.

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com