[sf-perl] Upcoming meetings

Quinn Weaver qw at sf.pm.org
Tue Sep 19 05:07:21 PDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 04:57:12AM -0700, Quinn Weaver wrote:
> Next Tuesday is our meeting day.  I have talks planned for October and
> November, but September is a social meeting.

Specifically, here's what's coming up:

October 24:   Jeff Barr of Amazon will talk about their web services API.

November 28:  Steve Fink will speak on "that thing on the floor in
	      the Metreon."  For those who haven't seen it, it's basically
              a video game projected onto the floor; many players can
              run around the "screen" kicking at the projected "objects",
              and the game reacts appropriately.  Wicked cool.

              Turns out it's written in Perl, with XS and OpenGL.
              Steve will give us some juicy technical details.

--
qw (Quinn Weaver); #President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
=for information, visit http://sf.pm.org/weblog =cut