[sf-perl] Perl's to_date() equivalent

Loo, Peter # PHX Peter.Loo at source.wolterskluwer.com
Fri Sep 1 15:23:24 PDT 2006

Josh,

Netezza does support to_date(), but the problem is I need to compare
current row's date to the previous rows date.  I suppose I could do:

select a, b, c, d, e, f, rx_fill_dte - to_date(1980-01-01, 'YYYY-MM-DD')
from some_table where some_conditions;

Then using the calculated column to do the math.

Peter