[sf-perl] November 28: Steve Fink on the Metreon Game

Quinn Weaver qw at sf.pm.org
Fri Nov 10 11:24:56 PST 2006

You know that thing in the Metreon?  The video game that's projected
onto the floor, where you can run around and "kick" objects, and they
bounce around?  http://westfield.com/metreon/

Turns out it's written in Perl.  Our own Steve Fink will talk
about how he used XS and OpenGL to accomplish the task.  This will be
a highly technical talk.

If time allows, we will visit the Metreon afterwards; it's right near
BART.  If not, we'll make that a field trip for a future meeting.

BGI will once again be sponsoring Little Star pizza. :D

Merci beaucoups to Steve for appearing out of nowhere and offering
to do this talk!  It should be a fun one.

			Details

Time:  8:00 p.m.  We will try to start on time, in a break with
       tradition ;)

RSVP:  Jeff.Thalhammer at barclaysglobal.com

Date:  November 28 (two weeks from Tuesday)

Place:  BGI, 45 Fremont St.:  http://tinyurl.com/pzq9f

Transportation details at http://sf.pm.org/weblog/archives/00000039.html

--
qw (Quinn Weaver); #President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
=for information, visit http://sf.pm.org/weblog =cut