[sf-perl] Spawning external program within Perl

Quinn Weaver qw at sf.pm.org
Wed Nov 8 10:16:00 PST 2006

Hey, Peter,

Have you checked out the Perl Cookbook from O'Reilly?  It answers a
lot of the Perl newbie questions you've been posting.  Most "recipes"
offer several solutions to a problem, but all are concise and to the point.
Includes code samples.  Good stuff.

It's not just for newbies, either.  I've been writing Perl for five
years, and I still reach for the Cookbook from time to time (mostly
when I thinking, "I wonder _which_ CPAN module to use for this task?")

--
qw (Quinn Weaver); #President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
=for information, visit http://sf.pm.org/weblog =cut