[sf-perl] Spawning external program within Perl

Loo, Peter # PHX Peter.Loo at source.wolterskluwer.com
Wed Nov 8 09:48:11 PST 2006

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a built-in Perl module that would allow me
to spawn an external program and not wait for it to complete.  What I am
attempting to do is, I am checking within a database for a condition and
when the condition is met, I want to call an external Perl program.
However, I don't want to wait for the external program to complete
before moving on to my next step within my program.

Thanks in advance.

Peter