[sf-perl] Meeting May 23: Microbrew and Perl SIG

Bart Alberti bart at solozone.com
Mon May 15 14:36:59 PDT 2006

Bart Alberti wrote:

>Quinn Weaver wrote:
>

>>As I mentioned at the last meeting, this month we'll have an informal
>>munch rather than a presentation. We have a new venue: the San
>>Francisco Brewing Company, a charming little microbrewery in the North
>>Beach. They're fairly close to downtown.
>>

>>Details (available, as always, at http://sf.pm.org/weblog/ ):
>>
>>RSVP: None required.
>>Date: Tuesday, May 23, 2006
>>Time: 8:00 p.m.
>>Place: San Francisco Brewing Company, 155 Columbus Ave., San
>>Francisco, CA ( http://tinyurl.com/ou4bl )
>>

>>>From BART: Get off at the Embarcadero station. It's a pleasant walk
>>uphill, should you enjoy walking: http://tinyurl.com/ro97n
>>
>>Otherwise go to the northwest corner of Market and Front, then
>>catch the 2 Clement:  http://tinyurl.com/lthxn
>>

>>--
>>qw (Quinn Weaver); #President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
>>=for information, visit http://sf.pm.org/weblog =cut

Your directions are not the best. 155 Columbus is above Sacramento just
as Columbus elbows past the trans America building and the #2 Clement
does NOT pass it anywhere. I recommend

1 if you get to the EMBARCADERO station get to the #1 California to
Montgomery. It's one and a half blocks uphill then.

2. From the MONTGOMERY BART or MUNI, take the #15 on Kearney and Market
to Columbus and walk backward on Columbus.

3. Just walk up from Market Street on Montgomery through the ''Wall
Street of the West'' noticing the elbow at Sacramento Street where it
becomes Columbus: HEALTHY!

4. alternative: from North Beach, walk down Columbus Street towards down
town financial center

Bart Alberti