[sf-perl] DB design question

Fred Moyer fred at redhotpenguin.com
Fri Jul 28 11:43:02 PDT 2006

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:18 am, Josh Berkus wrote:

>>  Just FYI, the "entity-attribute-value" storage system is a
>>  thoroughly documented mistake.
>
> Just FYI, this is a controversial opinion that not everyone agrees
> with.

In my experience you end up trading performance for flexibility with
this approach.  I was faced with a similar problem managing semi
structured voter data and ending up using xml/rdf to manage the data.
There's an article on perl.com, search for massive data aggregation
using Perl and xml.  I'm not saying that's the best approach, but it
ended up  working well for our use.

Fred