[sf-perl] OSCON update

Quinn Weaver qw at sf.pm.org
Wed Jul 12 14:31:51 PDT 2006

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 01:44:26PM -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 04:44:05PM -0700, Quinn Weaver wrote:
> > I reported earlier that you could get a discount on OSCON
> > registration.  However, it turns out the code has changed.  The new
> > registration discount code, as just sent to me by O'Reilly, is
> >
> >    os06dsug
> >
> > If you're registering, paste this into the appropriate form field to
> > save 15% (off the early-registration price, which is evidently still
> > in effect for PM members).
>
> That only shows a 15% off the standard price, not the early reg price.

:(  The O'Reilly newsletter I received reads

>> Use code "os06dsug" when you register, and receive 15% off
>> the early registration price.

I will check back with O'Reilly about this.  I'm guessing it was a misprint,
and the double discount was supposed to be available only during the normal
early-registration period.  Bummer.

--
qw (Quinn Weaver); #President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
=for information, visit http://sf.pm.org/weblog =cut