[sf-perl] CodeCon coming up

Quinn Weaver qw at sf.pm.org
Sat Jan 21 15:08:24 PST 2006

Cross-posting from the PostgreSQL list, as this may be of interest.

Executive summary:  CodeCon just announced their program
(http://www.codecon.org/2006/program.html).  You can register for $63
before February 1.  There's a talk about an intriguing PostgreSQL
extension.  (Also, I'm speaking about my Perl VoIP product.)

--
qw (Quinn Weaver); #President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
=for information, visit http://sf.pm.org/weblog =cut

----- Forwarded message from Quinn Weaver <qw at sf.pm.org> -----

[...]

Hi, everyone,

For those of you who don't know, this is a notice that CodeCon is
coming up.

CodeCon is a grass-roots conference run by hackers, for hackers.  It
was originally organized in 2001 by Bram Cohen and friends, who still
run the show as volunteers.  It tends to attract cutting-edge,
open-source projects.  At $63 (if you reg before February 1), it's
quite the deal. ;)

This year there's one talk that's PostgreSQL-specific:  Query By
Example, by Meredith L. Patterson.  Meredith is a comp bio hacker who
wowed us last year with a demo of web tools for designing and
ordering custom oligonucleotides.  This year she's done a non-comp
bio addition to PG.  She writes:

  now PostgreSQL can support WHERE clauses which find
  rows LIKE a set of rows you specify but NOT LIKE rows you don't want.

I am also speaking this year, on the topic of Dido, my Perl/XML system for
programming voice menu systems that can reorder themselves.  I remember
the Mosuki folks (at least some of whom are in SFPUG) spoke in 2004.

You can check out the full program, which was just posted, at
http://www.codecon.org/2006/program.html .  Hope I'll see you there. :)

--

----- End forwarded message -----