[sf-perl] O'Reilly rough cuts

Quinn Weaver qw at sf.pm.org
Tue Feb 21 10:13:09 PST 2006

I don't normally pimp O'Reilly products, but this one is pretty cool.
It's a service called Rough Cuts that gives you early access to
unpublished (electronic) manuscripts.

    http://www.oreilly.com/roughcuts/faq.csp

It's useful if you're interested in a cutting-edge technology that has
scant documentation.  Ruby* on Rails is a case in point: lots of
people are using it, even in production, but the O'Reilly book is not
out yet.  But it is one of the pilot Rough Cuts titles (
http://www.oreilly.com/roughcuts/ ).  Also of interest are _Perl
Hacks_ and _AJAX Hacks_).

Unfortunately there's no freebie deal for Perl Mongers. :/ However,
the pricing is cheap by O'Reilly standards, in keeping with the
work-in-progress nature of the product.

* Yes , this is a Perl Mongers group, but I'ver decided Ruby is an
alternate spelling of Perl.

--
qw (Quinn Weaver); #President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
=for information, visit http://sf.pm.org/weblog =cut