[sf-perl] Perltidy, etc. and PL/Perl

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Wed Aug 23 10:00:35 PDT 2006

At 9:42 AM -0700 8/23/06, David Fetter wrote:
> Because it doesn't live in files, really.  It lives in strings
> in the database.  There's nothing with a shebang line.

It shouldn't be all that hard (he said :-) to extract the code
from the DB and package them up to look like scripts.  Am I
missing something?

> Can Perl::Critic operate on PL/Perl code?

Well, it looks mostly at syntax (AFAIK), so "code is code" for
its purposes.

What I would do, really, is dump out a sampling of the DBI-Link
code (in whatever manner), then hand-edit it and feed it to the
aforementioned programs.  Once you get it to the point that it
is dealing properly with syntax issues, you can mechanize the
process.

> TIA for any hints, tips or pointers :)

This is Perl; we ain't got no steeenking pointers.

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com