[sf-perl] [OT] svn diff

mehryar mehryar at mehryar.com
Tue Aug 8 13:29:34 PDT 2006

Thanks Andy,
I finally figured it out:

Here is how to use an external diff command with svn:

svn diff --diff-cmd /usr/bin/diff --extensions '-b' $file_to_diff

But since you wouldn't want to type this out every time you do a svn diff
you can put something in your ~/.subversion/config file.
And what that maybe, I couldn't figure out very well, so here is what I
got:

in my .subversion/config file:
-----------------------------
### Set diff-cmd to the absolute path of your 'diff' program
### ...
diff-cmd = /home/mehryar/bin/my_svn_diff

and my_svn_diff looks like:
#!/usr/bin/bash
/usr/bin/diff -b $6 $7
# where $6 and $7 are the file args that svn passes to its diff command
# and -b is just what I like to pass as an argument to my diff command

cheers,
-Mehryar