[sf-perl] Some well-formed XML?

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Tue Sep 20 10:53:26 PDT 2005

DF> You can get a pretty good start with pgxml. :)

The link you provided is a wonderful example of one of the biggest
problems in Open Source.  It leads to a set of code files, but contains
no information at all on why I might want to download them.  The README
file seemed promising, but contains nothing but release data.  Sigh...

DF> Although it's not obvious to me how you'd automatically turn a tree
DF> into a database schema, you do have options for manipulating whole XML
DF> documents or sets of same.

The general problem of turning a tree into a database structure is non-
trivial (at least if you want a useful result [1]).  OTOH, I understand
that it's possible to dump and reload a database, using XML as the
transfer format.  Is there a standardized way to express how this should
be done?

-r
--
email: rdm at cfcl.com; phone: +1 650-873-7841