[sf-perl] BayLISA meeting tomorrow

Quinn Weaver qw at sf.pm.org
Wed Sep 14 20:37:48 PDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 11:06:57AM -0700, Jennifer Davis wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> The BayLISA meeting tomorrow isn't about Perl (it's Anne Henmi talking
> about Security in the Trenches), BUT I have recent Apress titles Pro Perl
> Parsing and Pro Perl Debugging as giveaways (in exchange for a review).  I
> also have the O'Reilly recent release about Perl (can't remember the name
> of it right now.. Best Practices sounds about right).

Hi again, Jennifer,

Thanks for the announcement.  It's good to have some cross-pollination
between groups.

Pro Perl Debugging was coauthored by Andy Lester, who made a special
appearance at Perl Mongers in April.  Very sharp guy.

Perl Mongers, if you're going to take the offer (a book in exchange
for a review), please consider rolling your review into a talk.  A
short presentation by you, followed by a discussion period, could be
quite congenial. :)  We can use a restaurant setting if you prefer it.

--
qw (Quinn Weaver); #President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
=for information, visit http://sf.pm.org/weblog =cut