[sf-perl] Worry about bsd_glob() generated paths?

David Alban extasia at gmail.com
Mon May 9 16:16:55 PDT 2005

Greetings,

I want to take various actions based on the ages of a set of files.
The set of files will be specified as a file glob (or set thereof) in
a config file.  I'll be using File::Glob::bsd_glob() to expand the
globs.  On each resulting path, I'll be doing:

  not -e $path and complain();
  $age = -M _;

File::Glob warns that all values returned are tainted.  Fine.  But all
I'm really doing with the paths is calling stat() with them, and
print() (and possibly printf()).  Do I really need to check to see if
they contain bad characters in this situation?

The program will be run only from a non-privileged user's crontab.  It
does not involve any network connections.

Thanks,
David
--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.