[sf-perl] "Printer Friendly" versions - PDF?

Herb Rubin herbr at pfinders.com
Tue Jul 19 14:41:32 PDT 2005

I use enscript and create my own templates. Enscript comes with Linux.

I can draw lines and insert eps (encapsulated postscript) images.
(gif2eps works well).

Herb

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 13:56, Jeffrey McDonald wrote:
> I work at Genentech and support a large number of Perl applications
> that provide employees with Stock Purchase and Stock Option
> information.
>
> I am being asked to develop “Printer Friendly” versions of these
> pages.
>

> The only solution I can think of is to generate PDF’s that tightly
> control the layout of the document.
>

> On CPAN I am able to find many modules – just don’t know which ones
> might be best.
>
> I was wondering if anyone has recommendations/experience with any of
> them.
>

> One module I saw was able to take an HTML document and turn it into a
> PDF – would really like to see how that might work.
>
> I was thinking that I would have to generate the document line by line
> just as I do the HTML.
>

> Thanks
>
> Jeff

Herb Rubin                 Pathfinders Software
herbr at pfinders.com         http://www.pfinders.com
phone: 650-343-4571        fax:   650-343-4675