[sf-perl] "Printer Friendly" versions - PDF?

Jeffrey McDonald mcdonald.jeffrey at gene.com
Tue Jul 19 13:56:03 PDT 2005

I work at Genentech and support a large number of Perl applications that
provide employees with Stock Purchase and Stock Option information.

I am being asked to develop "Printer Friendly" versions of these pages.

The only solution I can think of is to generate PDF's that tightly control
the layout of the document.

On CPAN I am able to find many modules - just don't know which ones might be
best.

I was wondering if anyone has recommendations/experience with any of them.

One module I saw was able to take an HTML document and turn it into a PDF -
would really like to see how that might work.

I was thinking that I would have to generate the document line by line just
as I do the HTML.

Thanks

Jeff