[sf-perl] Fwd: Re: a recent incident

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Sat Jul 2 09:14:35 PDT 2005

  --- Begin Forward ---

  From: "Tim O'Reilly" <tim at oreilly.com>
  Subject: Re: a recent incident
  Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 08:49:48 -0700
  To: Rich Morin <rdm at cfcl.com>

  That is too bad.  Odd, though, as there were a lot of people in
  t-shirts at the conference!  We'll look into it.

  FWIW, we'd originally envisioned this as more of a business
  conference, and took a techie turn as the techie interest in
  this area heated up with google maps.

  My apologies to the group.

  On Jul 2, 2005, at 8:43 AM, Rich Morin wrote:

  > I realize that the choice of conference venues is rather limited,
  > but some venues are simply dysfunctional.  Specifically...
  >
  > After a recent meeting of SFPUG (sf.pm.org), several Perlies walked
  > over to the Westin St. Francis, hoping to meet and chat with some
  > conference attendees, etc.  The "greeter" at the bar area informed
  > them that they were not suitably attired and directed them elsewhere.
  > (One member of the group -- a founder of the group -- was wearing a
  > T-shirt and a leather jacket).
  >
  > The group then wandered back to a very nice bar which had no problems
  > in accepting their attire or trade...  May I suggest that you look
  > for venues that are a bit more friendly to techies?
  >
  > -r

  --- End Forward ---
--
email: rdm at cfcl.com; phone: +1 650-873-7841